Posted by Anant Patel
November 11, 2013
The main aim of Google’s algorithm is to measure the relevancy of a page for a particular query, and that has not, and perhaps will never change. After the introduction of Hummingbird, many people may be wondering to revamp their SEO strategy. However, if you’ve adapted the natural progress for your SEO, there is no need to panic as you are on the right track.
The following are some of the things that really matter if you want to consider how Google is trying to improve its search results:
• Mobile SEO: Mobile optimization will continue to be critical because of the increasing number of people using their mobile devices.
• Google+: This social network plays quiet a crucial part in helping to identify the online brand and presenting your results in Google results.
• Structured Data Markup: Helping the search engines with more and more information helps them in doing their job better. Structured data also helps in improving the CTR’s for the search results displayed with rich snippets.
• Links: Links are not irrelevant only because Google doesn’t like SEO’s that are over obsessed over PageRank. Google is actually helped by these links to put together the concept on the web. The quality links also send signals for the credibility of your page to Google.
• Keyword Optimization & Content Creation: Keywords are definitely not dead. Quality content is still crucial, and this of course requires some levels of keyword optimization.
The main question? How could we be Hummingbird friendly?
The following points will help you in making sure that your website is based on the norms of the Hummingbird.
• Have a clear audience in mind before creating and optimizing your website.
• The following SEO practices should be incorporated in the on-page optimization techniques of your site:
1.Use a clear information architecture that is not overtly complex
2.Avoiding issues based on thin-content;
3.Create a semantic content model
4.Optimize the content on the site on page-by-page basis, using semantically natural and rich language, with a strategy involving landing page.
5.Create informative content in several forms that are likeable and worth sharing.
6.Implement Open Graph, Schema markups and semantic mark-ups.
• Are your link-building objectives focussed on better brand visibility, reflecting thought leadership and gaining referral traffic? If yes, than you are on the right track.
• Your social media efforts should give you the following advantages.
1. A broader brand visibility
2. Increased mentions/links
3. Organic traffic
If your online marketing efforts include all of the following, you are definitely doing a good job. You simply need to refine and engage yourself continuously and be creative. Thanks to the more intuitive approach that you have about SEO, you are already seeing a good rank for your website.
If there is something that you have missed in your SEO efforts out of what has been mentioned above, you just need to implement in all those correct practices.
If you are not following most of what has been mentioned above, you are creating serious problems for your website. Things are not going to change if you don’t change the way you work on your site.
Hummingbird is not about redifining how we do SEO. It is simply asking us to follow the basics of SEO and they will take care of the rest.
Posted by riddhi Riddhi Shah
July 02, 2021
Posted by vikram-rathod Vikram Rathod
June 11, 2021
Posted by bakulsengal Bakul Sengal
June 04, 2021