We all are waiting for the first Friday of the month as Google is sharing latest search quality updates with its users. Like previously, Google doesn’t disappointment its users this as it posted information related latest 53 changes that are related to search results. So, find out some of the interesting April’s Google Updates below:
First of all, let’s start discuss about Penguin. Some of the updates are given below, which is specifically related to Penguin, Panda or others. They are:
- Improvements to how search terms are scored in ranking
- More authoritative results
- Anchors bug fix
- Improvement in a freshness signal
- No freshness boost for low-quality content
- Keyword stuffing classifier improvement
Changes in Ranking:
- An improvement is made in freshness signal as a result minor change is occurred for improving identifies fresh documents.
- For inferior content, no freshness can be boosted. A classifier have been modified by them in order to promote fresh content for excluding fresh content recognized as mainly low-quality.
- For fresh results, smoother ranking changes that are helpful for searches to search out new web content like breaking news topics. They are trying to search out fresh content. This type of changes in ranking applied to more granular classifier that leads to more nuanced changes, which is based on freshness ranking.
- Improvements are also done on how search terms are scored in ranking. The most basic signals, which are used in search, is whether and how your search terms appear on the pages you’re searching. The changes are based on the way the terms are scored.
- Another one is backend improvements in serving that makes less computationally costly and extremely shortening code.
- Google also set up keyword stuffing classifier improvement that helpful for detecting while website is keyword stuffing.
Changes related to Link Analysis:
- Anchors bug fix: This type of changes is occurred while fixing a bug, which is related to handling of anchors.
- Increase base index size by 15%: For serving search results, the main index is the base search index and it is must for every query to match against this index. The number of documents is increased by the change, which is served by that index by 15%.
- New index tier: They are keeping their index in “tiers”, where various documents are indexed at various rates that depend on how relevant they are likely to be to users. From April 2012, they introduced an extra indexing tier for supporting continued breadth in search results.
Changes related Images & Videos:
- Improvements done for SafeSearch for videos and images as while searching anytime important things, adult cont Improved SafeSearch models ent will display.
- SafeSearch models are also improved for sorting out pages for SafeSearch in different 40+ languages.
- Get result from more local sites from organizations. It will helpful for finding an organization website from your country.
- Improvements are made to local navigational searches. Searches that include location terms are likely to be ranked the local navigational homepages in first position although navigational page does not state the location.
- Changes are to be done with comprehensive predictions for local queries. The comprehensiveness of auto complete predictions are enhanced through the improved changes with the expansion of coverage for long-tail U.S. local search queries like addresses or small businesses.
Changes related Search Listings:
- More domain diversity: Many a time, too many results are displayed in search returns for same domains so, with more domain diversity, one can easily get surface content from a more varied set of domains.
- Label paginated documents: Documents can dominate search results from a paginated series. In such case, surface more diverse results are helped by this change.
- Country identification for WebPages: Location is one of the essential signals, which is used for surfacing content more relevant to a specified country. They have designed systems that detect a website, sub domain, or directory is relevant to set of countries. The granularity of those systems is extended by this changes to the page level for sites that multitude user generated content.
- Immobilize salience in snippets: with the help of this system, one can easily update their system in order to create snippets to keep it reliable together with other infrastructure improvements. Consistency in the snippet generation process is also simplified and increased by it.
- Enhanced query interpretation: with this change, one can easily interpret the likely intention of your search query in better way, which is suggested by your last few searches
- More characters/number of text from the beginning of the page in snippets: with this change, one can easily view text from the beginning of a page in snippets, when your text is relevant.
- Improvements related to News universal results serving: By shifting to extra unified system architecture, this change streamlines the serving of news results on Google.
- Expanded site links with less snippet duplication: Latest technology have been adopted by then in order to minimize duplication in the snippets of expanded sitelinks.
- Sub-sitelinks” in expanded sitelinks: with this type of improvement, one can easily get deeper into megasitelinks by viewing sub-sitelinks in place of the normal snippet.
- Sitelinks data refresh: An offline process generates Sitelinks that is analyzes site structure and other data to conclude the most relevant links to demonstrate users. Recently, they are updating data through our offline process. This type of update can be occurred regularly.
- Tweak to activate behavior for Instant Previews: The trigger area for Instant Previews is narrowed by this type of change so user can’t able to view this type of changes in anticipation of you hover and pause over the icon to the right of each search result. If you moused into a larger button area, this type of feature would trigger.
- Enhanced ranking of expanded sitelinks: The ranking of megasitelinks are improved by this kind of changes. It gives you minimum score for the sitelink, which is based on a score for the same URL that is used in general ranking.
- More efficient generation of substitute titles: A variety of signals are used by then in order to generate titles in search results. With the help of this change, one can easily makes the process more efficient and also save marvelous CPU resources without degrading quality.
More concise and/or instructive titles: While searching anything, we have to look number of factor that shows for the title of a search result. With this change, more informative titles and/or more concise titles can be found with same and appropriate information.