Posted by Anant Patel
December 03, 2011
When we are entered in the web marketing world, we can see that everyone is doing interacting with the blog. So many people have sweet and sour relationships with blogs by writing comments as their marketing strategies. On another side, the blog is one of the best techniques to make a way to enter and participate with other communities and blogger communities. But some people (spammers) are writing worthless or low-quality comments on it and doing spamming on the blog.
To get an ongoing popularity people are taking a part in a blog discussion. People are getting an experience of success and failure both in this field. So by seeing the interest of people, I am personally taking an interest in this topic to explain more in-depth why we all are doing blog comments and what is the purpose behind to publishing them.
Why do we all do comments on blogs?
All points are very important, think about more strategically and do practice in blog commenting by taking participation in a blog discussion. If we will go in the right direction then it will help to come above all things which give good results to you. Otherwise, it will give you a wrong impact in way of failure.
10 Marketing Strategy for blog comments:
1) Read the last five posts written by the author: Suppose that before you never take part in this blog community and show eagerness to know more about this blog. Read all previous discussions which are done by the author, which gives you a sense of the author, about his writing style, about his interest and etc. All these things help you to make an impactful and positive impression through your comments.
2) Read at least 3 posts valuable comments: To get more knowledge about the community you have to read some comments from another post also. Without going through this step you will never get any idea that where you have to place your comment, it contains any sense or not, having a level of that community or get place in all comments. Your comment should be noticed in the crowd but not due to the reason of inexperienced visitors. If you are totally a new one and visiting the first time then I suggest you don’t leave a link directly in your comment. Take time to our self to understand about blog community and get experience from it. This gives you a positive impression in the community and helps to generate your value in it.
3) First refer to the previous post before put comments: Without forgetting, read previous comments which are posted in the blog, it gives you an idea of the ongoing discussion of the present thread. By performing this step your comment will be noticed by the readers and take seriously. If there are hundred’s of comments then it was ok that you read only a few comments on that thread and give a reply or giving your suggestion according to the last comment. Take care that your comment should be placed in an appropriate place.
4) Write content more than “tweet” & less than “blog post”: Your post word limit is up to you, but if it is up to 140 characters or 2 to 3 short paragraphs then it is ok. There is big space but discuss in few points. If your comment is going longer than make a post, it will provide more value to your site and help to get traffic. If the post is meaningful then some writer edits their post and gives your link as a reference link. For this write an informative, short and relevant comment in the post itself and leave a link which is to come back to your site to discuss more in-depth.
5) Never put a direct reference link in the comment: If you drop a direct reference link in your post then it will results you a bad impression as a blogger or author. These reference links are ignored by bloggers up to 8 – 10 times. If you are leaving reference links continuously in comments then they will be removed by the author before approval of the rest of the comments. If you are thinking to leave a link in the comment then it is better that give relevant comments on a post, make comments more informative as well as interesting for other readers and leave non-promotional links in it.
6) Maximum only one reference link to your own comment: If you are leaving a link in the comment as a reference link for study or as reference material then it’s ok that how many times you placed a link in the comment. These types of links are allowable by blogger or author. If it is a promotion in any way (the site link which is in your control) then practice that uses it only once.
7) Put your real identity in profile and picture: A real trust and goodwill should be developed by a human face and name also. This information will be matched by a bio of other sites like Twitter, Facebook and etc., all this is invaluable but important. From this step, bloggers should welcome you and be treated as a respectful member than black hat spammers. If possible then use real identity, full name and save your picture also.
8) Be honest and reliable that why you are present there: You may be feeling fear that by accepting that you are a marketer, a community manager, an SEO, etc and if anyone told you directly you feel worse or bad. From my personal experience, I will suggest you give perfect detail “Honesty is the best policy” this thing will help to improve your impression and provide strength to your background. In many communities you will make your title as ‘SEO Specialist’ or ‘SEO link builder’ but it gives you a worse effect. Instead of that title should be ‘Content Writer’, Blogger’ or ‘Organic marketing specialist’ if it is fit to your comment. This will show that you are honest and create a positive impression. So negative impression is decreasing unfortunately which one is held by SEO spammers.
9) All right, to promote your comment in a social way: Blog authors love that their work is shared on Facebook as well as on Twitter as a referral link in your post. It is best practice to share reference links on FB/ Twitter for reference and call blogger through name in your post. Bloggers like this more and help to create a positive impression.
10) Give your profile link in the right place: When you are putting a reference link directly on-site without having relevant content, it would consider as spamming and you are damaging your impression. If post content is totally an off-topic form blog or community, at that time point out your bio profile page then home page.